Who Makes up the Village?
Redwood Coast Village (RCV) membership is open to residents of Humboldt County, California aged 50 and above who need just a little help to stay in their own homes. We welcome members from throughout our diverse community, and also seek volunteers of all ages to assist them from every race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural group that makes up our diverse community. We are looking for members, and local volunteers to serve them, from communities throughout the county. Please note, areas of service will need to have a good balance of volunteers and members.
Currently we are seeking members and volunteers in these communities:
Arcata / Fickle Hill / West End / Alliance
Bayside / Sunny Brae / Old Arcata Rd
Blue Lake / Glendale / Fieldbrook
Eureka / Cutten / Myrtletown / Ridgewood
Freshwater / Greenwood Heights / Kneeland
Humboldt Hill / Fields Landing / King Salmon
McKinleyville / Fieldbrook
Trinidad / Big Lagoon / Westhaven
PLANNED FOR 2018
Ferndale / Loleta
Hydesville / Carlotta
Rio Dell / Scotia
Samoa / Manila
Areas will be added as we are
able to provide volunteer based
services to the community
Membership criteria are as follows:
1. Reside in an area where current services are available.
2. Member applicant must be 50 years of age or older.
3. Responsible for and capable of making key decisions about one's own life.
4. Live in a residence that presents no known threats to health or safety for self or others.
5. Self-sufficient in meeting personal care needs, either through self-care or arrangements with a personal care giver.
6. Willing to provide advance contact information of a family member, friend, or other trusted individual who RCV staff or volunteers is permitted to contact in case of an emergency.